Friday, March 30, 2007

My Time with the Lord

I have been reading in Hebrews the last couple of days and have seen some really awesome things. Hebrews 5:8 "Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered." What? Wait a minute, I thought Christ knew it all! Christ "learned" about obedience through His suffering. I crossed referenced this verse because I was so curious. Philippians 2:8 was one center column reference "...and became obedient unto death..." and the cross reference for that is Matthew 26:39, which says: "And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

Christ's ultimate desire was not to go through death on the cross but was willing if that is what it took. Obviously, this made me feel relieved to know that even Christ the Son of God had to learn obedience also. I am more than certain it didn't take Him as long as it does for me during those times of "suffering".

I can think of several areas of my life currently that I struggle through. But am so encouraged to just obey. I need to always to be focused on the end not on the current struggle. Isaiah 1:19 "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land."

No comments: