Sunday, May 17, 2009

So Easy to Please!


Ella has been asking for little arm floaties for the pool. I don't mean just asking, I mean ASKING. She would ask everyday when she got home from school. She would ask "mom, did you buy "flippies"? My sad response everyday "no sweetheart, maybe tomorrow. The issue is there isn't a great selection because it is rainy season and so the shelves are cleared out of this type of thing. And I wasn't aggressively looking because I had no idea how important it was. I honestly thought it was a passing thing.

Well the other day, Ryan and I were in the store and I walk down an aisle that had swimming stuff. And low and behold, there were some "flippies". And they were 30 cents!! And they were super cute. They are little ladybugs. When Ella got home from school, I said, "hey, I have something for you... she said, "what mommy?" I asked her, "what have you been asking for?" She responded, "Flippies!" I told her, "they are in the kitchen". She goes running in there and sees them, and just starts gushing with thankfulness. She must have said thank you 10 times right then. But the sweet thing is, she hasn't stopped. These are some of things she has said... "Mom, that was really nice of you to buy those for me. Mom, your the best mom for buying me those flippies." Now, I must say that we don't usually receive such gratefulness, but this time was very precious.

That is truly the best 30 cents I have ever spent.

No comments: